Day 2 - June 22, 2018
All times EDT
8:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
9:45 a.m. - 10:45 p.m.
The Honorable Elinore McCance-Katz, MD, PhD
Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Abuse, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Concurrent Breakout Sessions (attend only 1 to receive credit)
- Shaping tomorrow in social work practice with immigrants: A person-in-environment approach
- Culturally Competent Ethical Decision-Making: Serving Undocumented Migrants Facing Growing Injustice
- Social Work Practice with a Vulnerable Population: Latino Immigrant Day Laborers
- Oxycontin and a Whiskey Chaser: chronic pain, aging and addiction
- Web-based Medication Assisted Treatment Support: An Innovative Tool for Care Engagement
Disrupting the School to Prison Pipeline Through a Multi-disciplinary, Trauma Informed Approach
2:15 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.
3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Concurrent Breakouts (attend only 1 to receive credit)
- Eating Disorder Prevention-Shaping the Tomorrow of Body Image & Body Wisdom for Grade-schoolers
- School social workers: Our power to reduce social isolation through increasing school connectedness
- Attachment Based Play Through the Years: Strengthening Family Relationships
“Making Macro Matter” Building a Movement for Community, Policy and Organizational Practice
A Model for Building Internal Capacity for LGBTQ Cultural Responsive Social Work Practice